TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – THEO ZAGAR
Technical Director and Head Goalkeeping coach. Theo has been teaching and coaching young goalkeepers locally for over 20 years, and he especially enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise to develop the goalkeeper position on the soccer field.
Theo played soccer for over 25 years starting at the age of 4. He began his soccer career with the East York Soccer Club, then was selected to participate with the Under 14 and Under 15 Provincial teams.
Theo played with the University of Toronto Varsity Blues Men’s team, where some of his accomplishments included the record for the most shutouts in a season (1997), 3-time OUA 1st Team All-Star, OUA MVP (1997) and CIAU (CIS) Player of the Year (1997). Theo played with the adult team of Scarborough Azzurri in the OSL where he won 2 Ontario Cup Championships and a National Silver Medal.
Theo also played for 10 years at the professional level for the Toronto Lynx and Rochester Rhinos of the A-League.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Physical & Health Education, University of Toronto
- Ontario Soccer Provincial “B” Coaching License
- Canada Soccer National “B” Coaching License
- Canada Soccer “A” Coaching License
- Ontario Soccer Goalkeeping Certificate
- ORSA Referees License (Level 3)
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
Past Coaching Experience:
- Ryerson University Head Goalkeeping Coach (2007)
- OSA Assistant/Goalkeeper Coach (2005-2006)
- CSA National Training Centre Goalkeeper Coach (2005-2006)
- University of Toronto Assistant Coach (1999-2001)
- Local soccer clubs to structure their Goalkeeping programs