TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – THEO ZAGAR
Technical and Development Director and Head Goalkeeping coach. Theo has been teaching and coaching young goalkeepers locally for over 20 years and he enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise to develop the #1 position on the soccer field – the goalkeeper.
Theo has been playing soccer for over 25 years starting at the age of 4. Beginning his soccer career with the East York Soccer Club, Theo then moved to the North York Cosmos to play with their NSL team. During this time he was selected to participate with the U14 and U15 Provincial teams.
Theo played with the University of Toronto Varsity Blues men’s team, where some of his accomplishments included the record for the most shutouts in a season (1997), 3-time OUA 1st team all-star, OUA MVP (1997) and CIAU (CIS) Player of the Year (1997). Before playing professionally, Theo played with the Scarborough Azzurri/Blues in the OSL where he won 2 Ontario Cup championships and a National Silver medal.
Theo played for 10 years at the professional level for the Toronto Lynx and Rochester Rhinos of the A-League.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Physical & Health Education, University of Toronto
- OSA Provincial “B” Coaching License
- CSA National “B” Coaching License
- CSA “A” Coaching License
- OSA Goalkeeping Certificate
- ORSA Referees License (Level 3)
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
Past Coaching Experience:
- Ryerson University Head Goalkeeping Coach (2007)
- OSA Assistant/Goalkeeper Coach (2005-2006)
- CSA National Training Centre Goalkeeper Coach (2005-2006)
- University of Toronto Assistant Coach (1999-2001)
- Local soccer clubs to structure their Goalkeeping programs