ABOUT THE REP PROGRAM
The East York Soccer Club Rep Program is an alternative to the traditional recreational team program. It offers boys & girls ages 7-12 years old the opportunity for advanced development in soccer through a progression and sophisticated curriculum. This program is an Elite Program as the coaching & technical staff will evaluate & recruit players within our House League Program throughout the year.
Any interested players in joining the Development Program may contact the Technical Director, Theo Zagar. Also, there will be OPEN tryouts in the fall (see Development Page for details). Please fill out Tryout Application and submit to the Technical Director prior to the scheduled tryout dates.
EYSC Rep Program is focused on player development. We are striving to create a solid learning experience by eliminating the “must win” attitude placed on the player and team.
EYSC has a Player development system consisting of six stages (in conjunction with Coerver Coaching) in which follow our curriculum of developing creative and confident young soccer players throughout each stage of transition.
We recognize that Developmental Program is the first and most important stage in structuring player development.
At East York Soccer Club, we feel our first and most important contribution to the club is development. The sport of soccer keeps evolving and so do we. Through our unique programs in the areas of player development, we are able to advance our awareness, skills and knowledge of the game.
Development is a team effort, which only gets better with members providing feedback on programs and services they want to see. So, through our balanced development clinics, we keep our integrity off and on the field.
Theo Zagar is the Club Technical and Development Director and Head Goalkeeping coach. He has been teaching and coaching young goalkeepers locally for over 20 years.
For more information, please contact Theo Zagar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 6 major themes from this Program are:
1. Ball Mastery – 1 player, 1 ball. Repetition ball-control exercises both feet.
2. Passing & Receiving – Exercises and games to improve 1st touch and to encourage accurate and creative passing.
3. Moves (1 v 1) – Exercises and games that teach game speed individual moves and create space against packed defences.
4. Speed – Exercises and games to improve agility, acceleration and power with & without the ball.
5. Finishing – Exercises and games that improve technique and encourage instinctive play around the goal.
6. Group Attack – Exercise and games that improve small group play with emphasis on ‘Fast Break Attacks’.